Disney World Refurbishments and Closures
Monorail: The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System may be undergoing refurbishment at any time. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check the resort front desk to see if it is running on modified service and/or routes, as alternative transportation options will be available. Major refurbishment schedules will be posted here.
- Main Street Electrical Parade last day is October 9, 2016. It will move to Disneyland for an unspecified run. There will not be a replacement during this time.
- Splash Mountain – August 28 thru November 16 2017
- The Hall of Presidents – January 17, 2017 thru sometime in 2018
- Splash Mountain — January 8th thru February 1st, 2018
- Pirates of the Caribbean – February 26th thru March 18th, 2018
- Cinderella’s Royal Table — February 28, 2018 thru March 2, 2018
- No current closures
- Ongoing expansion of Pixar Place and Star Wars Land.
- The Great Movie Ride has closed August 13, 2017 for conversion to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride.
- Kali River Rapids — January 2nd thru February 9th, 2018
- Finding Nemo The Musical — February 4th thru February 24th, 2018
The water parks may close due to cold temperatures in the winter months so make sure to check the forecast when making your plans. Parks rotate their annual refurbishment in the Fall/Winter months.
Blizzard Beach — Annual maintenance closure October 30, 2017 thru January 6, 2018
Typhoon Lagoon — Annual maintenance closure January 7 thru March 17, 2018
Note: Disney performs extensive routine pool maintenance, painting, etc. throughout the resorts during the off seasons. Check with your resort’s front desk prior to arrival to find out the most up to date closures.
All Star Movies — No repairs scheduled.
All Star Music — No repairs scheduled.
All Star Sports — No repairs scheduled.
Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani– No repairs scheduled.
Art of Animation — No repairs scheduled.
Beach Club/Yacht Club — Convention Center expansion through early 2018.
Boardwalk Inn —No repairs scheduled.
Caribbean Beach — Barbados and Martinique resort buildings closed thru ~ 2019. Old Port Royale restaurant – Closed 1st May 1, 2017 thru June 30, 2018. Temporary food service will be in place during this time. Read this post for more details on renovation plans
Contemporary — No repairs scheduled.
Fort Wilderness — No repairs scheduled.
Grand Floridian — Beaches Pool Bar & Grill November 20th, 2017 thru February 25th, 2018
Old Key West — No repairs scheduled.
Polynesian Resort — No repairs scheduled
Pop Century — Room Refurbs 4th February 4, 2017 thru May 2018
Port Orleans French Quarter — No repairs scheduled.
Port Orleans Riverside — No repairs scheduled.
Saratoga Springs —No repairs scheduled
Wilderness Lodge — No repairs scheduled.
Yacht Club–Convention Center expansion work thru early 2018.