Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
2015 20th Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
The 2015 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs from – , 2015. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the increasingly popular event. With over 200 food and drink items to sample, cooking and mixology seminars, and concerts you could easily spend all 53 days roaming the Festival. The new Scotland Marketplace debuts this year while many fan favorites add new menu items. Below you’ll find all the information you need to plan your days at the Food & Wine Festival. Guides, maps, event schedules, and links to some in-depth Disney foodie sites covering the live action. Be sure to check back for updates during the Festival and new weekly maps/schedules as they become available! Enjoy!
New marketplace menus debut and chefs celebrate festival favorites – Among many dishes set to debut are Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Kumara Dumpling at the New Zealand Marketplace and Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Snap Peas at the Australia Marketplace. For many, there’s nothing like a yearly dip into classic favorites like the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. Also new this year Pepper Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese at the Farm Fresh Marketplace and refreshing drinks like the Scottish Citrus Thistle at the Scotland Marketplace.
Disney Food Blog eGuide
The Disney Food Blog’s 2015 Food & Wine Festival ebook is now available for pre-order! This 250+-page guide to the Festival offers insider tips and advice as well as all of the details you need to know to plan your best Festival visit ever. Your purchase includes several bonus items as well — including a full daily schedule of events at the Festival and a printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist to carry with you as you Eat around the World! Pre-order your 2015 edition today, and download the 2014 guide for FREE — immediately — to get started on planning! We’ll send the 2015 Edition as soon as it’s published mid-Summer!
BONUS: Use code CHEFS at checkout for a $3 discount!
Eat to the Beat concert series
Seminars and Appearances
Food & Wine Festival Fun Facts:
Here are some facts about the 18th annual event:
- More than 300 national and international wines
- A record 46 days long, the festival began in 1996 with a first run of 30 days
- More than 220 food-and-beverage menu items, each tapas-sized portion or drink priced $3-$8
- 100-plus celebrity chefs and 160 Walt Disney World chefs
- More than 300 wine and beer seminars take place during the 46-day festival
- More than 1,200 fireworks exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth”
- 138 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed; 6 bands appearing for the first time at this year’s festival
- The festival’s Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog is refilled three times during the course of the 46-day event, using a total of 910,000 cranberries or more than 3,000 pounds of the sweet-tart fruit
- 1.5 million sumptuous samplings throughout the festival
- 300,000 wine servings — if laid end-to-end the number of wine glasses used would reach from Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista to the Disney Cruise Line terminal at Port Canaveral, Fla.
- 360,000 beer servings, enough to fill the aquariums 5 times over at Rainforest Café at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 100,000 dessert servings including the dessert trio of Cherry Pistachio Mousse, Orange Cupcake and Hazelnut Cheesecake. More than 500 pounds of watermelon is expected to be tasted at the “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery parties
- More than 80,000 servings dished up of the most popular savory item at the 2012 international marketplaces: the “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce from Canada
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.