Disney Recipe: Artist Point Berry Cobbler ©Disney
Disney Recipe: Artist Point Berry Cobbler
This wonderful dessert is featured at the Artist Point restaurant in Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge Resort where it is made with seasonal fresh berries and in-house made black raspberry ice cream!
– Serves 8
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted
butter, cut into small cubes, plus
2 tablespoons softened unsalted
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint blueberries
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 pint fresh raspberries, for
1/2 pint blackberries, for serving
8 strawberries, for serving
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round or square cake pan with
nonstick spray with flour. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender,
two knives, or your fingers, blend in 2 sticks cold butter until butter is in
3. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, orange extract, and vanilla extract in a
small bowl. Add flour mixture, stirring to combine. Use hands, if necessary,
to combine dough.
4. Press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place blueberries
on top of the dough, pressing lightly. Sprinkle with brown sugar and dollop
with remaining 2 tablespoons softened butter.
5. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is cooked through but still
moist, 40 to 50 minutes.
6. Serve cobbler warm with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and a
scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Fruit sorbets can be substituted for vanilla ice cream. And you can use any
Aaahhhhaaa!! Yes! I lost my copy of this somehow and had planned to make this tomorrow as our Christmas cookie- yep, totally turned this into a cookie. I make little dough balls and roll them in sugar before baking.
All the other recipes I found did not include the orange or vanilla extracts and I KNEW they were in there, I just couldn’t remember how much of each.
Thank you so much for posting the more updated version of the recipe! You are my Christmas cookie savior!