The Latest Disney World News
Plenty of excitement in Disney World this week with the 45th Anniversary Celebration, more Muppets, and hurricane Matthew. Let’s get down to it.
- The last day to see the Main Street Electrical parade roll through Magic Kingdom will be October 9th before it is shipped off to Disneyland for an unspecified “limited engagement” in early 2017. An replacement has not been officially announced yet.
- The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is now in full swing! Be sure to watch the Pixie Dust Daily Facebook page for postings of recipes and pics/video over the next few weeks. If you’re planning on visiting the Festival, you can find the Eat to the Beat concert series lineup and dates here.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is running on select nights through October 31st. We put together an extensive article with all the details and tips to help you get the most out of this after hours event! You can find all of the helpful information here.
- The new Muppets Great Moments in American History show premiered in Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Square October 2nd. It takes place from the upper windows of Heritage Place, right next to the Hall of Presidents. You can find a video of the show here.
- Even more exciting for me is the return of the Muppets Mobile Lab at Epcot. I missed it when it was first around several years ago and am really hoping to experience the show later this month. See the video below.
- Hurricane Matthew has posed enough of a threat that Disney World shut down the Parks early Thursday and through at least part of Friday. While things were OK for guests at the Deluxe resorts, I saw pics of the pathetic box lunches they were serving at others. $13 for a plain sliced bread sandwich, apple, cookie, and chips. Not even a drink. Knowing how efficient and well stocked WDW is, I find this unacceptable especially since guests aren’t getting any value from their park tickets.
- The Rivers of Light water pageant at Animal Kingdom still does not have an official opening date, though rumors are swirling around that they are wrapping up practice soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll get to see it in October. Hopefully the hurricane hasn’t damaged anything.
Refurbishments and Hours
Disney World has updated their daily hours charts through April 2017. So, if you’re working on plans for Spring Break or an Easter vacation you can find each monthly listing on our website here.
The two current refurbs with the most impact are Thunder Mountain which is closed through November 18 and the Rockin’ Roller Coaster which will have a downtime of October 27 through November 9. Some new refurbishments have been added to the schedule for 2017. The WDW Railroad will be closed January 9th to February 10th. The Hall of Presidents is also going down for a lengthy refurb from January 19th through June 29th. This suggests much more than just a new President animatronic installation.
Disney World Discounts and Disney Store Deals
Disney World has released their next set of Resort discounts for January through April 2017. Click here to see the resorts and discount levels.
Disney World has renewed the Military Salute ticket and resort pricing for 2017. Click here for Military member discount details.
As part of the 45th Anniversary Celebration, WDW has new Annual Passholder Discounts. 20% off merchandise and 10-20% off dining through September 30, 2017! New and renewal passes purchased by January 3, 2017 will get an extra month.
The Disney Store has a few different promotions going on right now.
- Up to 25% off select Vera Bradley Disney Parks designs through November 30th.
- 30% off select costumes through October 16th.
- Classic dolls for only $9/each through October 16th.
- 20% off your order of $75 or more at Disney Store. Save on Never-On-Sale Items! CODE: SAVE20. Through Oct 10th.
- $10 deals and $10 off favorites at Disney Store. Though Oct 10th.