Disney Cruise Line Recipe: Tomato Salad
Served as a refreshing side dish or an appetizer, this tomato salad recipe from the Disney Cruise Lines works perfectly anywhere from a backyard BBQ to an elegant dinner. Experiment with local heirloom tomato varieties and wine vinegars for different flavors. Enjoy!
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
- 5 beefsteak tomatoes (¹/³ slices)
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. curly parsley (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp picked flat parsley
For the Tomato Salad
- Place the dijon mustard, garlic and sherry vinegar into the bottom of a mixing bowl. Gradually pour and whisk in the olive oil. Add the parsley, shallots and pepper. Set aside.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on a serving platter and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the sherry vinegar dressing over the tomatoes.
- Garnish with a sprig of flat parsley.
Disney Recipe Collection
If you enjoyed this post, check our Disney Recipe Page for several more tasty dishes!